Before, I had the nav bar as a separate entity in my view hierarchy. Then, I
was able to select it and set the tint color to the color I wanted in IB.

I changed things to a formal UINavigationController stack to make it easier for
my contained class to modify the items in the nav bar, and now there seems to
be no way to change the color.

--
Rick