On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:26:27 -0700, Jerry Krinock said:

>> One thing I just noticed is that NSWindowController's 'document'
>property is not actually documented as KVO-compliant.  Maybe that's my
>problem... but I've been binding through it for over a decade now!
>
>That may well be the real problem, Sean.

Yup!  Seems like it is.

>In a similar situation, I solved the “bindings burp” (what I call that
>nasty message you copied from the console) by inserting *another* object
>controller into the bindings “path”, to control the *document*.

I've tried some similar permutations and they have 'fixed' the issue.  I have
about 50 xibs to fix now, so want to be sure I do this correctly. :)  I now
find myself questioning basic things. :)

NSWindowController's 'document' property is not documented as KVO-compliant,
and neither is NSPersistentDocument's 'managedObjectContext' property.

Which parts of a binding's keypath have to be KVO-compliant?  If all parts, how
can 'document' and 'managedObjectContext' even be in there at all?  Even in
interstitial object controllers as you described?

Cheers,