Now on to the next thing that doesn’t seem to work according to the
documentation…

These are the first few lines of my function which will save my document data:

  override func fileWrapperOfType(
    typeName: String!,
    error outError: NSErrorPointer
  ) -> NSFileWrapper!
  {
    if self.theFileWrapper == nil {
      let noWrappers: [AnyObject] = []
      self.theFileWrapper = NSFileWrapper( directoryWithFileWrappers:
noWrappers )

    }

When I start typing “directoryWithFileWrappers,” Xcode displays its suggestion
list showing the prototype:

NSFileWrapper( directoryWithFileWrappers: [NSObject : AnyObject] )

I think I could send nil instead of bothering to create an empty array, but
whatever.

Anyway, Xcode gives me the prototype which agrees with Apple’s documentation,
and I code according to it. Then Xcode marks the line as an error: “Missing
argument for parameter ‘options’ in call,” and my project won’t build.

Is there an error in my code, or is this a problem I should report to Apple?
And in the latter case, what’s the best way?

—

Charles Jenkins