On Sep 14, 2014, at 19:47 , Charles Jenkins <cejw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>      let noWrappers: [AnyObject] = []
>      self.theFileWrapper = NSFileWrapper( directoryWithFileWrappers:
> noWrappers )

> When I start typing “directoryWithFileWrappers,” Xcode displays its
> suggestion list showing the prototype:
>
> NSFileWrapper( directoryWithFileWrappers: [NSObject : AnyObject] )

> I think I could send nil instead of bothering to create an empty array, but
> whatever.

No, the parameter isn’t an optional type, so you can’t pass nil.

> Anyway, Xcode gives me the prototype which agrees with Apple’s documentation,
> and I code according to it. Then Xcode marks the line as an error: “Missing
> argument for parameter ‘options’ in call,” and my project won’t build.
>
> Is there an error in my code, or is this a problem I should report to Apple?
> And in the latter case, what’s the best way?

The parameter is a *dictionary*, not an array. IIRC you can specify an empty
dictionary as ‘[:]’, so there’s no real need for a supplementary variable.

If that’s the error that’s being reported on, then it’s being mis-reported.
That’s probably worth a bug report.