On Oct 22, 2014, at 14:10 , Beinan Li <li.bei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And it stops crashing if I turn off ARC.

I don’t understand this. How do you turn off ARC? Are you just changing the
build setting that controls ARC?

It sounds like there are no source code changes. Unless you’ve done something
very clever, an app can’t adopt ARC (and have objects whose lifetimes are
actually managed by it, I mean) without source code changes. You might
*possibly* get an app to switch between ARC and GC without changes, but I’d
class that under “very clever".

If you are doing something clever, then the app possibly was never quite
correct, and the timing changes arising from building the app differently are
exposing an existing bug.

If you’re not, then the whole thing can’t really work (though I’d expect it to
crash more *without* ARC, perhaps leaking more with ARC).

Or, more likely, I’m missing something important. It might help if you explain
a bit further.