Sorry, I didn't make it clearer. My code used to manage memory without ARC.
Then I converted everything to using ARC. The conversion was done
automatically via Xcode, with only a few hand edits. It worked without
issues with Xcode 6.0.x.

By "turning off ARC", I meant that I reverted to the revision before
converting to ARC.

Thanks,
Beinan