Hello everyone,

I’m just starting with iOS and this is my first question on this list. So
please, apologies if this is a newbie question.

I’m trying to build a simple Alarm app. The application needs to show a
custom image + play a custom sound when the alarm is dispatched.

·         I’ve started by using UILocalNotification, however, when my app
goes to background, I’m receiving the scheduled Notification, as expected,
but I didn’t find a way to load my custom image or playing the custom
sound.
I’ve found several examples of Alarm apps on github using this approach,
but it doesn’t look the right approach for me

·         I’ve also tried to use a NSTimer and iterate an array of alarms.
This approach works while my application is on the forground. But as soon
as it goes to background, the timer stops.

What do you think? What’s the best approach to build something like this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile