> On Dec 16, 2014, at 9:55 PM, Claudio Maximiliano Edison Bastos Iorio
> <selecter...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> soundName property is OK, and allows to use any embedded sound. But there’s
> no way to load any custom view dispatched right from the LocalNotification,
> at least no with a previous user interaction.
>
> I’ve just found UIApplication’s beginBackgroundTaskWithExpirationHandler, who
> allows me to run a background task.
> Based on Apple, the purpose of this background task is for instance to
> complete a server request when the app goes to background.
>
> I still need to check if this is a proper solution, however, I wonder if
> Apple will allow me to use this task to keep my Application running on the
> background. Do you guys have any idea about that?

You should study the documentation again, taking care against confirmation
bias. beginBackground… really is for brief completions. iOS will allow you ten
minutes at most. You are subject to eviction at any time before, so you must
structure your task to tolerate its not completing. Within those constraints,
you can do whatever you like in that time.

If it's a matter of a download, which I gather it isn't, look at the
NSURLDownload family.

Apple lets you claim an exemption for specific tasks like VOIP or audio, but
that doesn't help you. Look them up.

There is no leeway for any other exemption.

    ― F