> On 1 Jan 2015, at 23:00, Uli Kusterer <witness.of.teacht...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> On 01 Jan 2015, at 02:50, Jack Brindle <jackbrin...@me.com> wrote:
>> You might want to extend that. The header file indicates that
>> containsString: _only_ is available in OS X starting with 10.10 and iOS
>> starting with 8.0. I would expect this to crash, or at least behave very
>> poorly, under any prior OS since the call simply doesn’t exist there.
>>
>> Interesting that the only place it appears to be documented by Apple is in
>> the header file. It is widely “documented” at various web sites, but using
>> any call based on that is definitely rolling the dice. The central rule is
>> that if you are releasing code for others to run, be sure to use calls that
>> Apple documents to be available for the earliest targeted OS.
>>
>> I’d replace it with a more suitable call, which appears to be
>> rangeOfString:options: The header file indicates it should be called with no
>> options. in fact you probably should read the NSString header file info for
>> that call. It is somewhat interesting.
>
> A good workaround is probably to create your own equivalent call with an
> identical signature in a category and just replace all calls to
> containsString with that:
>
> @implementation NSString (SBContainsStringBackwardsCompat)
>
> -(BOOL) sb_containsString: (NSString*)inString
> {
>       return [self rangeOfString: inString options: 0].location != NSNotFound;
> }
>
> @end

I suspect this thread died at the point the OP realised they used a 10.10
method in the latest changes to the code which broke pre-10.10 compatibility,
it had nothing to do with entitlements at all and backed that change out and
replaced it with something pre 10.10 compatible. Would have been nice to have
seen a follow up so the thread can help other people searching.

SevenBits, people pitched in to help you here, what was the final resolution or
do you still have an issue?