> On Jan 10, 2015, at 10:34 PM, 2551 <2551p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, that's precisely what I'm looking for and don't seem able to find. Can
> anyone suggest one? I've been all over stackexchange etc, and there seems to
> be a lot of confusion out there (or, rather, the more I read, the more
> confused I'm getting).

I feel your pain. The crypto APIs are IMHO the worst designed APIs in OS X /
iOS. (They're not even compatible between the two OSs; each one has annoying
incomplete areas.)

Apple has code samples called CryptoCompatibility and CryptoSample (the latter
one doesn't seem to be in Xcode anymore but you can find it online) that show
how to perform some basic tasks with the APIs, including signatures.

—Jens