> Of course, I could have missed something, and if anyone here is using
> FastSpring or similar (eSellerate, Kagi) and can confirm otherwise, I'd be
> both relieved and grateful to get your advice. I must admit when I started
> this thread, I did so in the hope that someone else on the list would be
> familiar with using this kind of service and be able to point me in the right
> direction.

Using FastSpring for years now. Their support and service is superb, and
reasonably prices. The missing part is they don’t have license validation
methods - especially not “activation” like stuff.

The already mentioned DevMate service looks great and may fill the hole, but
they changed their pricing method a couple of weeks ago - for me it sounds a
bit overpriced: http://devmate.com/pricing <http://devmate.com/pricing>

A relatively new runner-up is Paddle, they handle time limited trials, license
activations as well: https://www.paddle.com <https://www.paddle.com/>

LimeLM is a licensing framework which works well with FastSpring as far I know:
http://wyday.com/limelm/ <http://wyday.com/limelm/>

Tamas