> On Jan 27, 2015, at 11:28 AM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>
> Historically, I've not been a big Core Data user, but does
> -[NSManagedObject setPrimitiveValue:forKey:] not do what you want?

That is a key-value coding method. If I remember correctly, key-value coding
does not bypass existing accessor methods, if they exist. My guess it that
these methods eventually call the appropriate primitive accessor to access the
backing store. If the primitive accessor is implemented dynamically then that
method would be called. If the primitive accessor is implemented by the
subclass then that method would be called. If the modeled property is defined
as a ivar and no primitive assessor is implemented by the subclass then the
frameworks would attempt to set the ivar directly.

I have not used key-value coding much in my managed object subclasses but in
this instance I don’t think it would help.

Richard Charles