> On 2015 Jan 27, at 06:46, Keary Suska <cocoa-...@esoteritech.com> wrote:
>
> Better, however, to have a property declaration, which would also synthesize
> an ivar in modern LLVMs (as of Xcode 5?).

You mean the property declaration would synthesize the ivar.  I didn’t try
that.  I agree it would be better.

>> It still persists!
>
> It will if you modeled it, which I didn't notice, but must be the case.

Yes, the data model has a ‘rating’ property.

> If we stop and think a moment, why would calling super ever work? This is
> still Objective-C, and calling super is only valid when the class' superclass
> implements the method. And I bet NSManagedObject doesn't…

Indeed, it crashed when I invoked it.

> Primitive methods … There is absolutely nothing magical about them, because
> they need to be entirely un-magical to escape CD's notice.

> Therefore it is really hard to break anything unless you deliberately do so
> (or deliberately ignore compiler warnings).

I don’t think it warned me about defining a primitive setter without a
primitive getter, although it might have because I tried it in a project that
is currently giving me 60 warnings due to major work in progress