Thanks Kyle.  The thing that scares me here is that I have no idea why this
started failing and why it stopped, so I'm afraid it could stop working at any
time without knowing why.

I can see this constraint on the scroll view itself, and I think you hit the
nail on the head here.

I'll pass this by the author as we have many other XIB's exactly like this.

We are applying the same constraint in the scroll view's sub view.

I think this started happening when I changed device size in the simulator, or
dragged the simulator from one screen to another but still, I'm unsure what
caused it to start throwing an exception.

Thanks for your help on this.

Alex

Sent from my iPad. Please pardon typos.