> Please do understand that I don't expect you to actually debug my code
> from my vague descriptions.  I'm just looking for encouraging words as
> well as any kind of general principles like my own "use assertions
> before using debuggers".

If there’s an exception thrown in UIApplicationMain() there has to be *some*
kind of stack trace. Just checking you do have the “hide all the bits of the
stack trace which contain any useful information” slider all the way over to
the right, right, so it shows everything and doesn’t try to guess what you want
to see, usually incorrectly.

Have you set an exception breakpoint which fires at the time the exception is
thrown, if there is an exception? That helps sometimes.

Clean build, in fact really clean build with the Cmd key to blow everything
away. Old NIBs stick around and can be a sod to get rid of. Similarly resetting
the simulator to wipe your app off it entirely gets you a known base state.