After I pointed out my diligent use of comments to Scott Lydiard,
President of aerial photography firm Verde Technologies, he advised me
not comment my code in any way.

WUT?

"That's because comments are rarely maintained in sync with the actual
source code."

For example:

int offset( void )
{
    return 3;   // return 4
}

This isn't the same as the jerks who think you're stupid if you can't
follow their logic.  I regard it as my responsibility to make my
source clear and easy to maintain, even without comments.

However I am dead certain that it loses me work, when potential
clients look over my source and don't find any comments in it.

Mike
Michael David Crawford, Consulting Software Engineer
mdcrawf...@gmail.com
http://www.warplife.com/mdc/

   Available for Software Development in the Portland, Oregon Metropolitan
Area.