On April 30, 2002, Fabien wrote:

> <mode type="hardheaded">
>
> imHo, the difference is that people working on Cocoon enjoy coding, and
> have
> fun working un such an interesting "best-practicised" projet, with such
> valuable people.
> If people here enjoyed working with newbies to produce interesting doc,
> they'd love your process, but I'm afraid Cocoon's doc are only written
> because we HAVE TO write doc if the cod to be usefull, and that make a
> BIG
> difference.
>
> </mode>

Good point. Seems we need a process that's flexible enough to work with
any kind of author, regardless of their motivation. So, why don't we
offer, on an entirely *optional* basis, editorial/SME feedback to
authors who want it. That way, it's not an obstacle to authors who don't
need or want it, but it can provide a boost to those who would like a
more input before they commit.

> BTW, if i'm wrong and if there are people willing to write doc only for
> fun
> (or glory), I think your process is OK.
You could be right. And my process assumes there will be plenty of
volunteer authors, coming from the users list, eager to participate.
That's a big assumption. Even if it's true, it won't happen overnight.

Thanks.

Diana