Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I started using name.dtd.extension so I got (instead of the yucked
> .xtarget ;-P)  file.target.xml
>
> But some users didn't like it, so I just kept file.xml

Wise. If you edit an XML file, it will likely stay an
XML file, but it's content might have change so that
it no longer matches the DTD. Including some hints on
what DTD/schema is used into the file name may be
misleading after a while. And there is the pain of
renaming files under source code control...

BTW the .xtarget files from forrest are ectually
external entities, not even XML (yuck! again).
Entities suck. Isn't there a way to use <ant>
for structuring the build description?

J.Pietschmann