> > So we could:
> >
> > 1) leave everything like it is :-(
> > 2) have another blocks directory under scratchpad
> > 3) have a single blocks directory and mark and exclude scratchpad stuff
>
> 4) have a scratchpad directory in every block that needs it.
>
> I'm in favour of 3)

excellent - same here :-)

> We could have a new block "scrachpad-block" (a), append "-scratch" to
> the name e.g. "new-stuff-scratch-block" (b), or just add a comment in
> modules.xml saying it is "pre-alpha quality" (c). Either one is
> fine.

<blocks>
        <fop include="true"/>
        <myteststuff include="false"

                scratch="true"
                quality="pre-alpha"
                unstable="true"
                stable="false"
        />
</blocks>

I'd be in favor of "unstable" or "stable"

> A single scratchpad block would be nice for small additions
> while big ones could opt for "c".

aggreed.

<blocks>
        <fop include="true"/>

        <!-- the following blocks are marked unstable and should be
              considered being pre-alpha quality. Their API might change
              without notice -->
        <myteststuff include="false" unstable="true"/>
        <scratchpad include="false" unstable="true"/>
</blocks>

Ok?
--
Torsten