Chris,

On Friday, Dec 6, 2002, at 07:31 US/Pacific, Christian Haul wrote:

On 06.Dec.2002 -- 04:07 PM, Marc Portier wrote:
Giacomo, Sylvain,

I see my remark wasn't that stupid after all (taking as an
argument the fact the statistic unlikeliness of having exact
equal idiots) Sorry, for not earlier reading deeper down the
thread though...

only I'm not ready to give in yet...

is making a continuation really atomicly linked to sending a
page?  Your argumentation makes me see that:
Rather then 2 there are 3 concerns covered in the sendPageAnd...
I guess it's more like
makeAContinuationRef_And_UseItToSendPage_And_SafeStateForNextRequest
:-)
The problem is that you need to have something to place on the page
that links to the continuation id. Thus you need to have your
continuation before sending the page. Hence suspending and sending is
one atomic operation.
Please see my response to Marc. You can create the continuation id first, pass it to the client and only then create the continuation object and associate it with the id.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/