Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>IANAL, but AFAIK the code has to be formally donated to the ASF, and
>things like the one at the end have to be decided by the ASF.

Correct. Though another issue your PMC may want to see answered is - how
is this community going to maintain it; are there enough active SAP
experts to see to it that this piece of code is going to be alive and
healty for years to come. Even if some of the original people drop out ?

This is a rather specific piece of code wiht a lot of infrastructure
around it.
If we announce SAP support for Cocoon I bet people will be using it.
Using brings complains, bugfixes and finally maintainance. IMHO this is no big problem.

If people really don't use it - it's just another component in our CVS.
...like maybe others that are rarely used;)

So I don't really see anything besides the licence issue.

Altough it is the question whether it's worth the risk getting into trouble because of a non-Apache licence for code that *maybe* isn't even used by many people...

But I think: either the licence is
a) ok -> let's include it
b) not ok -> ask the author to modify the licence or host it somewhere else
--
Torsten