> > For my flows I use a self-defined function which makes this for me:
> >
> > function callPipeline(src) {
> >     xc = cocoon.componentManager.lookup( myXMLConsumer.ROLE );
> >     resolver =
> cocoon.environment.getObjectModel().get("source-resolver");
> >     srce = resolver.resolveURI(src);
> >     resolver.toSAX( srce, xc );
> >     return xc;
> > }
> >
> > The component myXMLConsumer has a method <code>public String
> > getDocument()</code> ... mabe there is a better/more elegant way, but it
> > works for me ;-)
>
> nonono, careful. You are calling a pipeline to have its data as an
> object model to play with. While this is fair, I don't like it at all
> and would not want it included in system.js. It looks like an hack from
> miles away (sorry, no offense, just stating my impressions honestly)

After having a second look at my sources I think I don't really need the
part generating the string. This would reduce it to following lines:

function callPipeline( src ) {
  var xc = cocoon.componentManager.lookup( anyXMLConsumer.ROLE );
  var resolver = cocoon.environment.getObjectModel().get(
"source-resolver" );
  var srce = resolver.resolveURI( src );
  resolver.toSAX( srce, xc );
}

Then the pipeline called with "src" makes everything on its own.
  1. gather the necessary information from somewhere (input modules,
database, ...)
  2. save the information (send a mail, write to cvs, write to disc, ...)

There remains one open question for me: How to I get 'feedback' whether the
called pipeline did its job well or not? And if not, how to I get
information about what happend (error message/status information)?

What do you think?

Reinhard