On 24.Jan.2003 -- 10:37 AM, Geoff Howard wrote:
> > If FilePartArray is used the uploaded file is stored inside the
> > request object. Fine. But how to access it there?
> > HttpRequest.getParameter() returns java.lang.String and thus
> > JDBCTypeConversions.storeColumn() tries to open a file named
> > "org.apache.cocoon.components.request.multipart.FilePartArray@234768" !
>
> On second thought, FilePartArray vs FilePartFile shouldn't matter - the code
> is looking for the superclass FilePart and is only using getSize() and
> getInputStream().  I can't find where the action is getting the parameter,
> probably because of the input module abstraction.

Yes. It is in DatabaseAction.getColumnValue() which calls
InputModule.getAttribute() which in turn (for the request parameter
module) calls
ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).getParameter(pname)

But in HttpRequest

    public String getParameter(String name) {
        String value = this.req.getParameter(name);
        if (this.form_encoding == null || value == null) {
            return value;
        }
        return decode(value);
    }

The FilePartArray is casted to java.lang.String returning "org.apache.cocoon....."

> Still, all this makes it weird that it works on my machine and not yours.
> Do you have local modifications that aren't checked in that could be making
> the difference?

Don't think so. Basically, I have your patches applied but that's
it. This is jdk 1.4.1_01 + tomcat 4.1.18 on debian linux.

        Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
[EMAIL PROTECTED]