On 24.Jan.2003 -- 11:25 AM, Geoff Howard wrote:
> > On second thought, FilePartArray vs FilePartFile shouldn't matter
> > - the code
> > is looking for the superclass FilePart and is only using getSize() and
> > getInputStream().  I can't find where the action is getting the parameter,
> > probably because of the input module abstraction.
>
> Ok, I think I have it (thanks to eclipse which made finding the exact right
> lines of code almost effortless - so far it's worth every penny!).

> Shouldn't that use:
>
>       return ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).get( pname ); ?
>
> getParameter() returns String - get() returns Object.

Blimey! Yes! I've been using getParameter() for so long that I totally
forgot about get(). Well, it doesn't really say it accesses the same
thing.

So now everything is perfect now. Thanks for your help!

> I haven't managed to get output from JDBCTypeConversions yet (no logger
> available and System.out is not showing up in the console - or it's never
> getting to the lines I've done the poorman's debug).  But, I'd be willing to

Yep, for reasons unknown to me, some debug messages never show
up. E.g. I have a case where methods of the super class are logged but
the subclass's are not :-|

> bet that for whatever reason, I'm getting a FilePartFile and the toString is
> giving a usable system id somewhere and that's causing it to work by
> accident?  I haven't done debug tracing with eclipse yet - maybe it's time
> to learn.

That is my guess.

> > Normally, one does a org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request.get() on the
> > parameter name which gets a (FilePart)Object.  I'm not clear enough on
> > InputModule internals to know what it's doing.>

It really get's difficult if you rely on defaults. For example, most
places default to "request-param" if no other module short hand is
given. Same here.

> Still not real deep on the InputModule internals - is it using
> RequestParameterModule as I've guessed??

Yes, it is. Would eclipse lie to you? ;-)

I'm glad this is sorted out and I'm really happy with your new sample.
Thanks again!

        Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l