Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:

On czw, lut 20, 2003 at 09:44:50 +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

The new build system has landed on CVS.

Do a 'cvs update' to get it.

I've done major refactoring of almost everything touched, so things might be a little shaky for a while. I copied the old build into build.old.xml so that I can copy/paste the stuff that is missing in the next days.

I wanted to release early so that you people can play with it.
I'm getting this error when building databases block
databases-compile:
Copying 40 files to C:\Dev\CVSProjects\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon-2.1-dev\blocks\databases\src

While we're at refactoring the build system, what's the real need for _copying_ the source files before compiling them ? AFAIK, only a few files really need Ant preprocessing : these are the ones that deal with JDBC 2/JDBC 3 incompatibilities.
Good point.

We could compile all source files in their home location _except_ those that require preprocessing that would follow the current but time-consuming copy process. This would shorten the edit/compile/test cycle and avoid something that happens to me quite often : editing source files in the build directory !
You are absolutely right (all but in one thing, copying is done only once).

I'll try to do that ASAP.

I'm currently lacking time to dive in this stuff now...

Keep up the good work !
thank you.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>