First of all, great job Stefano! We certainly needed something like this, it got to the point where was unbearably slow to develop anything :(

On Friday, Feb 21, 2003, at 06:35 US/Pacific, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

...This would shorten the edit/compile/test cycle and avoid something that happens to me quite often : editing source files in the build directory !

I know what you feel, Sylvain. Been there ;-)

If you're an Emacs user it's trivial to set it up to automatically copy the file from the source directory in the build area. This way you edit the source file and when you save it, it's automatically updated in the running system.

I'm using this setup with flow scripts, which are reloaded automatically in the running system if they're modified on the disk. It makes implementing applications a real breeze.

Let me know if you're interested in this setup, and I'll email you the configuration.

Cheers,
Ovidiu