Carsten Ziegeler wrote, On 13/03/2003 9.36:
The flow stuff is an "optional" component, which means I can use it
or not. Cocoon started as a web publishing framework and as flow is
not directly a core component for web publishing but for web
applications, I really would like to see flow as an own block
that I can either install or not.
Don't get me wrong, I like flow and I see the use of it, but flow
is an optional component in the same sense that for example the
portal framework is an optional component.

Honestly, I don't see this... I see the flow on par with the sitemap, and the sitemap is not an optional components.

But the sitemap is pluggable so the flow should be too? I feel bells ringing about flexibility syndrome, with everything pluggable... I don't see that this will give us a big gain now, apart from some kind of architectural componentization.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -