Stephan Michels wrote, On 25/03/2003 18.46:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, J.D. Daniels wrote:
See where I am going here? This is what (IMHO) most of new cocoon users are
like. We are experienced developers..... but chances are we won't be java
aware.... so the idea of two extra binaries will, i think slow down the time
it takes to get productive.

Sorry for yapping so much on the dev-list, but i think this is really
important :)

No no, it's very useful. Maybe I'm wrong :-/ I only want to prevent
that users be scared by the installation, which takes sometimes a lot of
time and knowledge. I'm, for example, very impatient, if some software
takes too much time, or too many dependencies just for the first look,
then I throw it away.

Again I repeat my suggestion... what about driving users to Forrest for the impatient? It also contains preconfigured stuff for site building, it seems perfect for the impatient, no?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -