On Monday 24 March 2003 19:13, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> This is not a run for market share.

Isn't it??? The day the flow of developers goes towards .NET, the Java
advantage will disappear as well, the community will dry up of fresh blood.

The attitude "We don't want new people use our product." won't help the
community.

> This is about increasing our
> community and let's admit it: a binary installation won't make it any
> easier for joe-user to understand a sitemap anyway.

Reflecting of what others have said about "purpose" and Stefano's "hammering"
of his stand-point, we are really trying to solve the impossible.

So, after much consideration, I think Stefano has a point that if we start
with the "community distro", specialized to make the "understanding" user's
life easier, we can later worry about other distros, perhaps in the same
shape as Linux does it, third-party support.

Niclas