On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Rob Johnston wrote:
> > Is this a bug that I should report?  I spoke to someone else who had the
> > exact same problem with cocoon 2.1-dev under FreeBSD (over a month ago)
> > & he said his solution was to "not ship with support for FreeBSD" --
> > which isn't a viable option for us (even though the jdks for FreeBSD are
> > not "officially" supported by Sun).

Yes, this not a solution.

> > Does this look more like a cocoon problem or an excalibur problem?
> >

> It looks like you have the wront Event JAR in your classpath.

I can reproduce this exception on Linux/PPC/blackdown-1.3 . Until now
I don't find the time to solve this. So, you're not alone ;-)

Seems to be a problem with older JDKs. I the last time we got more than
once problems with a NoSuchMethodError, because most of the people work
with a 1.4 JDK, which isn't backward compatible in every case.

Stephan.