On 12 Jun 2003 at 9:58, Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > Rob Johnston wrote:
> > > Is this a bug that I should report?  I spoke to someone else who
> > > had the exact same problem with cocoon 2.1-dev under FreeBSD (over
> > > a month ago) & he said his solution was to "not ship with support
> > > for FreeBSD" -- which isn't a viable option for us (even though
> > > the jdks for FreeBSD are not "officially" supported by Sun).
>
> Yes, this not a solution.
>
> > > Does this look more like a cocoon problem or an excalibur problem?
> > >

> > It looks like you have the wront Event JAR in your classpath.
>
> I can reproduce this exception on Linux/PPC/blackdown-1.3 . Until now
> I don't find the time to solve this. So, you're not alone ;-)
>
> Seems to be a problem with older JDKs. I the last time we got more
> than once problems with a NoSuchMethodError, because most of the
> people work with a 1.4 JDK, which isn't backward compatible in every
> case.

All I can add here is that, in Tomcat on Windows, Cocoon works with JDK 1.3 and
1.4. However, when debugging in Intelli-J IDEA, it only works with 1.4. 1.3 gives this
same NoSuchMethodError. I've just worked around it myself by switching to 1.4, but
this is a luxury not everyone will have.

Upayavira