Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> So we only have one option: release Cocoon 2.1 as soon as possible :-)
>
> Ok, there are some other options this vote is about:
>
> [   ] Release Cocoon 2.1 /immediately/. Carsten suggested the 24th of
> June as target date for a first beta release
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105548603125507&w=2),
> but do we really need a beta?
Yes, imho we need a beta - there are some outstanding issues and it's
always a good idea to announce a beta. It's "marketing" for the users
if you want - I think I found this week a real blocker! but I have to
check this tomorrow.

I think we follow Stefano's suggestion and release the beta in the week
of the 23rd of June.

> With Cocoon 2.0.5 it's simpler. No big things have to be done delaying a
> release. IMO it's only about the time to release a further minor
> release, 2.0.4 is almost exactly half a year old.
>
> [   ] Release Cocoon 2.0.5 as soon as possible.

Do we need a 2.0.5 release? If so, can you guarantee that the current cvs
is stable and "fully" working?

If we want to make a 2.0.5 (although I personally see no need for it), than
someone else than me has to do the release as I have not enough time
to make a 2.1 and a 2.0.5 release. The instructions for this are on the
wiki,
except that a 2.0.x release is slightly more complicated because of the
binary distributions.

Carsten