Hi,

we had several month ago a lengthy discussion about this redirection
thing.

These are the two major reasons for removing the redirect from the xsp:

1. Working in a servlet environment and doing redirects is not that easy.
   If you do a redirect when something is written already to the output
   it is strictly forbidden by the servlet api.
   As when the XSP is executed there might be something already written
   to the output, the redirect might not work in some cases.
2. We believe that the web application flow has nothing to do with the
   content. As the XSP is building content it is the wrong place for
   redirects.
   The right place for application flow and redirects is the sitemap in
   c2. So you can make redirects in the sitemap using the map:redirect-to
   element or you can write your custom action which can do a redirect.

Carsten

www.sundn.de                          mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]