Berin Loritsch wrote:

> If you think of ways to minimize redirects, then you can minimize the number
> of Actions you have to write.

Heh, this reminds me of the discussion a few days ago, where I was
criticized for saying: "Don't use Internet Explorer and you won't incur
the IE/Cocoon/PDF problem." Now we're saying: "Don't use redirects and
you won't incure Cocoon2's redirect problem." :-)

> Another possibility is to create your own protocol.  You wrap your business
> logic in session beans (like you are supposed to do anyway), and call them
> from an Action.  If an Exception is thrown, you redirect.  Actions can be
> parameterized so you can specify three parameters (bean, method, redirect-to)
> and the one (1) Action will handle all the dirty work for you.

Using exceptions to control program flow? I think they should be
reserved for error-handling.

I'm not necessarily a big fan of redirects, but there is no other way
currently to control web program flow and now Cocoon2 is taking that
away as well :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring