Christophe -

Thanks for the reply.

> You should try with JDK 1.3.1, I am also running C2 on
> Solaris 7 and it works.

Hmm.  Unfortunately others have reported the same symptoms with 1.3.1, so I
don't think that is the issue (although I will try it at some stage).

> Also, don't forget to set the DISPLAY environment variable to
> localhost:0.0
> Christophe

That's related to the batik library wanting an X server, right?  I have
tried to follow Berin's suggestions about removing references which will
trigger this.  From what I understand, though, you get different log
messages with this problem to the ones I have been seeing.  The references
to it in the archive show specific messages from the batik (I think)
library, which I don't get.

When I started on this, I was told that Java was properly installed on the
machine in question, however, after temporarily exhausting all the other
possibilities I checked this out for myself this morning, and discovered
that the appropriate Solaris patches mandated by Sun for JDK1.3 were not
installed.  I doubt that this is the issue, but I am going to wait for the
Sysadmin to update the OS before I do any more testing, just to be on the
safe side.

Thanks :-)

Tim