>This is done to allow Cocoon 2 to run in any environment and not only
>servlet container. C2 can be used also in any other environment, e.g.:
>command line (this one is implemented), EJB (this one is possible,
although
>I've never heard of implementations).

Extending from a class doesn't bind it to the class's original intended use
does it? I thought "javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest" was an
interface, it doesn't rely on anything.

>This is intentionally! The core Cocoon engine is not bound to the Servlet
API,
>thus we introduced an abstract Environment to design a general
Request/Response
>model. If we will bind Cocoon to the Servlet API the engine isn't easy
portable
>to other environments like Commandline, Maillet, etc.

Importing another .jar file for the interface doesn't seem overly
inconvinient considering the number of jars already being imnported.

Regards,

Anthony Aldridge
Lead Application developer

Managed Intranet Hosting
CSC
JPMorganChase
Personal GDP: 325-8338
MIH Hotline: 876-1300

"Piroumian, Konstantin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 13/11/2001 15:19:28

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is done to allow Cocoon 2 to run in any environment and not only
servlet container. C2 can be used also in any other environment, e.g.:
command line (this one is implemented), EJB (this one is possible, although
I've never heard of implementations).

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumain