> Try with <br name="br"/>

If you mean an XSLT using that syntax (otherwise, I guess I'm missing
something), I'm afraid that doesn't help. Once the elements get in the
SAX stream, how they got there (except in the case of CDATA of course)
is lost. They're all just start/endElement pairs to the HTMLSerializer.
Moreover, the problem is beyond just <br/>. Some other common ones are:

<hr/>
<input/>
<select/>
<textarea/>

With generated HTML, you also tend to end up with the odd <div/> or

Thanks,

Yuri Gadow

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 11:20, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> From: "Yuri Gadow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> > Indeed that is the question, unfortunately NS 4.X is still in common use
> > and does not understand tags written as <br/> or <textarea/>, (as do
> > many, still common, versions of IE.) I could certainly roll my own
> > serializer, wrapped around SAXON or something, but it seems a bit odd
> > that a framework like C2 would only support the most recent browser
> > versions (which is not a complaint, rather it's something that makes me
> > think I'm the one doing something wrong.)
>
> Try with <br name="br"/>
>
> --
> Nicola Ken Barozzi                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yuri Gadow 0x6D21BAAE