As it turns out, the XSLT sheets in the pipeline before the
HTMLSerializer where, themselves, setting the output to be HTML and
XHTML (via output method and namespace mappings.) I removed the NS
mappings and output elements from them, and am now seeing correct
serialization of HTML and XHTML. Seems a bit counter-intuitive, but it
works.

Thanks again to everyone who pitched in.

Yuri Gadow

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 15:08, Yuri Gadow wrote:

> > > It does not.
> >
> > I just tested this, Yuri (I'm using 2.0.2 with xerces/xalan as provided). Put
> > serializer, it outputs <br /> (that's with a space). This is surely exactly
> > what you want, isn't it?
>
> Precisely. That's great news, that it's possible. So I just have to
> figure out what's different about my set-up.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Yuri Gadow 0x6D21BAAE

Yuri Gadow 0x6D21BAAE