> I would appreciate help on this from anyone - I've tried all suggestions -- error
> messages are below - Please note that I've already tried:
>
> snip...
> config (under the <dburl/> element is good).
> ....snip
>
> as suggested by Berin.
>
> Once I get this figured out I PROMISE TO CREATE DOCUMENTATION :)

        I have PostgreSQL working just fine here.  I had to add the
        location of postgres.jar to the classpath in catalina.sh
        since it is not normally in the default classpath on my system.

The line in catalina.sh:

CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"$CATALINA_HOME"/bin/bootstrap.jar

was changed to:

CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"$CATALINA_HOME"/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/java/postg
resql.jar

   The <dburl> element of cocoon.xconf is just a reference to the database
URL for that particular data source:

   <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://dbserver.example.com:5432/books</dburl>

--
 Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter      Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
 Taygeta Scientific Inc.        INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]