Hello Peter, and everyone,

In the message linked below, you respond to another user with a very
similar problem to mine.

http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users%40xml.apache.org/msg12493.html

I am using JDK 1.4.0, Tomcat 4.0.4, and Cocoon 2.0.2.  I do not have X
installed, and my CATALINA_OPTS environment variable is
'-Djava.awt.headless=true'.  After building from source, I get errors
trying to load the default Cocoon2 site.  The stack trace shows an
attempt to load an SVGSerializer using batik.  The error I get is:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error compiling sitemap:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open

To be sure, I created a servlet that outputs
System.getProperty("java.awt.headless"); it returns true.

Can anyone provide any insight to this situation?

Thanks,
Ryan Hoegg