Argyn,

here's a snippet of a stylesheet (let's pretend name-clean contains the given
parameter, be it a session, request or static
parameter), which dynamically builds a stored procedure invokation for SQLTransformer
to execute:

<xsl:element name="sql:execute-query">
        <xsl:element name="sql:query">
                <xsl:attribute name="isstoredprocedure">true</xsl:attribute>
                <xsl:attribute name="name">getproductsbyname</xsl:attribute>
            begin Noria.GetProductsByName('<xsl:value-of select="$name-clean"/>',

                 ?, ?); end;
        </xsl:element>

        <xsl:element name="sql:out-parameter">
                <xsl:attribute name="sql:nr">1</xsl:attribute>
                <xsl:attribute name="sql:name">curProd</xsl:attribute>
                <xsl:attribute
name="sql:type">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleTypes.CURSOR</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:element>

        <xsl:element name="sql:out-parameter">
                <xsl:attribute name="sql:nr">2</xsl:attribute>
                <xsl:attribute name="sql:name">intStatus</xsl:attribute>
                <xsl:attribute
name="sql:type">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleTypes.INTEGER</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:element>

</xsl:element>

As you may see, there is an input parameter (name-clean, a string) and two output
ones, a cursor and a status code.

BTW, name-clean has been already "cleaned" (apostrophes aubstituted with double
apostrophes), and, of course, Oracle is the DBMS of
choice.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant