De : Argyn Kuketayev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoye : 27 juin, 2002 09:57
A : '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Objet : RE: Giving up! Cocoon too big, slow and confusing

Maybe I'm suffering from dislexia, but reading the docs in
xml.apache.org/cocoon helped me only to understand the highest level
concepts. There were lots of tiny little issues which are not covered
anywhere  in the documentation. "What's the best way to do this and this?".
No answers anywhere but here, in the mailing list. Ok, I have a habit to
look into sources when I've time, but sometimes there's no time. You came
here and ask a question, hopefully soon you get an answer. Then comes
another issue, then another and so on. Finally, you spend whole day on some
stupid problem which could be resolved with good FAQ.

I have to admit that things are improving with docs. FAQs are becoming real
FAQs, not those short "read mailing list" as they were before. IBM's
tutorials are a very positive step, I recommend them to everybody. They help
a lot. Again, I'm not complaining I just want to say that there's an issue,
and I'm glad that the situation with documentation is improving. I think
that the biggest issue with Cocoon is its docs.

> > and better documentation.
> >
> > I'm not complaining, by the way. I'd love Cocoon become a mainstream
> > framework.
>
> So, help us make it better.

raising the issue is my help :)