I'm not saying there aren't issues.  I'm saying his attitude is wrong.
You pay for this by participating.  If
the issue was unknown this would be valuable, but this issue is known.
 Help fix it or accept it.  Or fund
someone else to help fix it.  If you see a nail sticking up, grab a
hammer.  Don't whine, and
take you cookies and go home.  If this were a commercial piece of
software, that would be your best course of
action as a customer.  Thats not the case here.

-Andy