>> 2) Documentation is not usefull - sorry.  I've tried and tried.  The
>> closest it has come to being useful is that after I've spent hours on
>> something and asked questions on the mail lists I have been able to
>

> What documents were not helpful in what cases?
> What couldn't you find?
> How did you search for it?

I disagree, the documentation is in fact inadequate.

>> 4) Generally helpful but inconsistant responses from the mail lists.
>> You should seriously consider joining the two lists as all it is
>> doing right now is making me have to search both lists for everything
>> that i'm looking for.  Many of the questions were answered in a way
>> which built character but were much too cryptic to be helpful to
>> anyone who comes later.  (I'm sure this is because the really
>> knowledgeable people are spending too much time answering e-mails).
>

> We give help. *Not* complete solutions. We are not paid for it, it's
> all free help.

Yes.  If you want commecial support for Cocoon, get commecial support
for cocoon.

>> 2) I don't have time to read the source code - not because I can't or
>> won't from some misplaced belief that it shouldn't be necessary -
>> because I don't believe it would be time well spent - too much of a
>> lack of basic doco to make it worth the time.
>

> Sorry but I don't get it.
> We have *tons* of documentation. But you just gotta learn ;-)

You're both wrong.  From his part he must realize this is participatory
software.  Understand your role, you're not a customer, you're
a:

1. Beta Tester
2. Developer
3. Documentor

of the software.  And ken is wrong, the documentation is in fact VERY
lacking.

If you'd rather have a black box where you make phone calls and someone
jumps, then you can pay someone and use Cocoon, or you can just blow
some serious coin and get a commercial solution.

-Andy