> From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> >Although I don't like dealing with M$ stuff, a nice idea is utilizing
> >the office 2002 XML formats, specifically the one of Excel.
>
> Explain the advantage?  This is what I brought up, so far its
> unanimous
> the other direction.  Why would you prefer this over an XSLT
> page that
> accomplishes the same thing?

I'm not sure we understand each other here.
What I had in mind is removing the work needed to produce XML from Excel
files and just use the XML output abilities of the application.
One can use that XML directly with the Excel application or use XSLT to
produce a web-based interface.

Not sure what the argument here is.

Manos