Vadim,

after a few hours of sleep and a good meal, I will try to outline
my thoughts a bit more precisely.

   >As I asked above, it's unclear why do you want to use specifically XSP
   >here. It's one of the possibilities, yes, but in this case it might be
   >not the best one.

My understanding of Cocoon's XSP is that it is, roughly speaking, a
better substitute for JSP. Due to its integration with XSLT, it is much
more flexible than JSP, but, in principal, it serves the same purpose:
offering the developer a tool to create highly dynamic web pages.

That is exactly what I need for my application which is database and
business logic centric. Particularly in the prototyping phase, it can
help to  react very quickly to changes in the web page design. So, the
main reason for me to use Cocoon *is* XSP. Otherwise, I would use JSP.

Next, as I said, my request data (I am avoiding the term "parameters" in
order to not confuse it with HTML form parameters) can be deeply
structured. Therefore, I decided to send them as a XML document.
If I had to use JSP, this were no problem since a JSP gives full access
to all data of a HTTP request, including the input stream. I could  read
my XML document containing the request data from the input stream and
convert it to whatever representation I want.

I found out that, inside a XSP, a request object is available. But, this
object does *not* represent the HttpRequest. Instead, it is an instance
of org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request which doesn't support a method
to directly access the input stream.

You mentioned earlier "inclusion". Is this a pattern to do what I want ?

   >As for solution (XSP + RequestGenerator), it is outlined above.

Can you explain that further ?
As I am new to Cocoon, I like to learn as much about its concepts and
features as possible. Also, I plan to delve into the documentation
which, btw, seems to me at the moment a bit confusing.

Any suggestions are very appreciated !

TIA

Boscoe