> > Yes! you want SourceWritingTransformer from Cocoon 2.1 dev.
> > There is a
> > parameter to tell it how to serialize the output.  It writes
> > to a file
> > on the local hard drive.
>
> SWT can have its own serializer? What a great stuff!
> Is this feature available in the scratchpad of C2.0.3?

Yes, just checked and it's in scratchpad of 2.0.3.
>From the java docs:

This transformer allows you to output to a WritableSource.

Definition:
<map:transformer name="tofile"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SourceWritingTransformer">
 <map:parameter name="serializer" value="xml"/>
<!-- this is the default Serializer (if your Source needs one, like for
instance FileSource ) -->
</map:transformer/>

Invocation:

<map:transform type="tofile">
  <map:parameter name="serializer" value="xml"/>
</map:transform>

Input XML document example:

<page xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0";>
  <source:write src="context://doc/editable/my.xml">
    <page>
      XML Object body
    </page>
  </source:write>
</page>

Output XML document example:

<page xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0";>
  <source:write src="/source/specific/path/to/context/doc/editable/my.xml"
result="success|failure" action="new">
             source specific error message
  </source:write>
</page>