well, the SWT writes to a WritableSource, AFTER being serialized by its OWN
serializer.
So the main pipeline can be a HTML report of the PDF written to disk.

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Argyn Kuketayev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: vendredi 16 août 2002 16:40
À: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Objet: RE: Can cocoon write pdf to a file?

I still don't see how this will work with PDF.

PDF comes only from FOPSerializer. the last step in the pipeline. So, if you
want to write its result on the disk, how can SWT be useful?

I thought, maybe it makes a sense to have a special type of transformer or
serializers, which would save output on the hard disk, but pass the URL to
the pipeline. so, there'll be uniform way to deal with this sort of
situations.

on the other hand, having the caching configured properly would probably
solve the problem too.