Support for Alan's suggestion of a model in XML format....

I'm pretty certain that JXPath can be used with a DOM object so it
should be possible for XMLForms to support both JBs and XML as the model.

Personally, I really like the idea of being able to create and
manipulate the model without having to drop into Java. For many simple
forms, its seems like complete overkill having to write beans.

Irrespective of what I think, there's a strong argument for having an
XML model: new Cocoon users and non-Java programmers will be able to
take advantage of XML Forms.

Cheers

Simon

PS. I'm still pretty new to Cocoon and so, despite having looked at the
source for XML Forms, I would not be surprised to find that its already
possible. If it is, I'd love to know how!

PPS. Thanks to Ivelin for the new itemset tag.

Simon Price
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
University of Bristol
8-10 Berkeley Square
Bristol BS8 1HH
United Kingdom