Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> XMLForm currently supports JavaBeans, DOM and mixed models.
> You can look at the Feedback Wizard demo for example.

I will look again, but it was not obvious to me how to pass a DOM model.

> How do you mean that people will be using forms without writing Java code.
> We can write another Action to take as parameter a file name with the XML
> model, however how you you handle the input data once submitted. How would
> you implement the logic for handling the input data? This has been requested
> before, but noone has suggested a better replacement for Java when it comes
> to writing general purpose logic.

Schematron could still be used to do validation. XSLT could operate on
the model instance (built from the request) to so simple logic. I agree
Java is better for complex logic, but XSLT would be a nice halfway
between the modular database actions approach and the full XML Forms +
JB approach.

I'll try and work my ideas up into a full example to show what I'm
thinking of.

Another idea might be to use the flow engine to do some of the
validation/processing. Although I don't think this would scale well, it
would be a practical entry point for people moving from clientside to
serverside - they could make use of their javascript skills and then
later move on to java.

Simon

> Ivelin

Simon Price
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
University of Bristol
8-10 Berkeley Square
Bristol BS8 1HH
United Kingdom